AW: [iaik-jce] Problems verifying PKCS#7-SignedData

Hello,

the issuer DNs seem to differ.

Von: iaik-jce-owner@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at
[mailto:iaik-jce-owner@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at]Im Auftrag von Link, Thomas
Gesendet: Montag, 25. September 2000 07:15
An: iaik-jce@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at
Betreff: [iaik-jce] Problems verifying PKCS#7-SignedData

Hello,

some days ago I had a problem with to decode a SignedData-object. I solved
this problem with Dieter's help - thanx. But now I have another problem with
this decoded SignedData-object:
The SignedData-object contains the following SignerInfo:

SignerInfo:
Version: 1
SerialNumber: 1179
Issuer: O=Deutsche Post AG+C=DE+CN=CA DER DEUTSCHEN POST 1:PN
digest_algorithm: SHA

I've got this X509-certificate (not included in the SignedData-object as
certificate!):
IssuerDN:     0.2.262.1.10.7.20=1+CN=CA DER DEUTSCHEN POST 1:PN,O=Deutsche
Post AG,C=DE
SerialNumber: 1179

And when I try to verify the SignedData-object with the X509-certificate,
the following exception occurs:
java.security.SignatureException: Cannot do verification. No signer for this
certificate!
	at iaik.pkcs.pkcs7.SignedDataStream.verify(Unknown Source)

But in my eyes I would say the included SignerInfo is the SingerInfo for the
X509-certificate (e.g. same SerialNumber), or am I wrong? If I'm wrong,
please tell where!

Thanx in advance.
Thomas