[iaik-jce] Applet Edition JCE: DEREncoder exception

Hi,

I have written a signed applet which creates a DSA certificate, stores it on disk, and signs data with it.

When I call the SignedData.getEncoded(), I get the following exception:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error from EncodeListener: Unable to encrypt digest: Cipher::getInstance(String) - no Cipher could be found for this algorithm - RSA/ECB/PKCS1Padding - amongst any of the providers.
 at iaik/asn1/DerCoder.encode
 at iaik/asn1/DerCoder.encodeTo
 at iaik/asn1/ConstructedType.encode
 at iaik/asn1/ASN1Object.encodeObject
 at iaik/asn1/DerCoder.encodeTo
 at iaik/asn1/DerCoder.encodeTo
 at iaik/pkcs/pkcs7/SignedData.getEncoded
 at IaikApplet.engineSignData
 at IaikApplet.signData
 at IaikApplet$HandleButton.actionPerformed
 at java/awt/Button.processActionEvent
 at java/awt/Button.processEvent
 at java/awt/Component.dispatchEventImpl
 at java/awt/Component.dispatchEvent
 at java/awt/EventDispatchThread.run

I don't know where you can set the encryption type, I figured if the cert was DSA it should sign using DSA.   Is this exception there because this is the Applet edition, as I know that it does not implement everything, and I know it does not implement RSA(does it??)

Can anyone tell me a workaround?

Thanks,

Kevin