AW: [iaik-jce] certificate signing

Hello,

Why adding extensions after signing. Any extension has to be included in the signature.
Sorry, that´s not supported.

Von: iaik-jce-owner@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at [mailto:iaik-jce-owner@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at]Im Auftrag von Aaron Haspel
Gesendet: Dienstag, 5. September 2000 17:02
An: iaik-jce@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at
Betreff: [iaik-jce] certificate signing

The IAIK library's implementation of X509Certificate does not allow a new certificate to be created until it is signed.  This makes sense.  My problem is, I want to create a certificate, sign it, and then be able to add and change unsigned extensions without having to resign the certificate every time I do so.  Is this possible ?  If so, how would I go about it?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron Haspel

smime.p7s