Re: [iaik-jce] [iaik-ssl] Session Manager semantics

Hi Vadim,

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 18:22:20 -0400, Vadim Grinshpun wrote:

>I wish the answer-to-question ratio here were a bit higher than it
>currently is... But here goes anyway :)
>Does the session management code ever call SessionManager.cacheSession() before
>calling SessionManager.getSession()?

I asked a similar question two weeks before. Here is the answer:

Hello,

By default iSaSiLk uses the DefaultSessionManager for session caching,
except when disablibing session cahcing (setSessionManager(null)) or
installing your own SessionManager -- either for a specific context:

sslContext.setSessionManager(mySessionManager);

or setting it as new DefaultSessionManager:

SessionManager.setDefault(mySessionManager);

Class SessionManager includes two abstract methods that have to be
implemented when writing your own SessionManager:

protected abstract void cacheSession(SSLTransport transport, Session
session);
protected abstract Session getSession(SSLTransport transport, Object
sessionID);

during the handshake procedure called from iSaSiLk s -- not public --
Handshaker classes to put respectively get Session-Objects into (from) the
Session cache.