AW: [iaik-jce] Problem with Applets using IAIK

> While constructing a certificate using
>  java.security.cert.X509Certificate and casting it to
>  iaik.x509.X509Certificate, we are getting some
>  exceptions.
>  Is it possible to use java.security.cert.X509Certificate instead of
>  iaik.x509.X509Certificate?

Creating (and issuiung) new certificates may be not done with
java.security.cert.X509Certificate. CertificateFactories only may be used
for decoding and pasrsing certificates. Also extensions handling is not
provider independent.

> We are having our own classes for Encryption and
> Decryption. How can we integrate it with our applet,
> so that we can frame the content into PKCS7 form
> with using iaik packages.
IAIK PKCS#7 takes the crypto engines from the first provider that is able to
support the requested algorithms.

> The same program is generating different
> signatures when used as a Standlone application and
> as an Appletwith SignedDataStream class. What could be
> the reason for it?
What to you mean with different?

     We are developing an applet using IAIK-JCE2.51.
 We
 are getting the following problems:

 1. While constructing a certificate using
 java.security.cert.X509Certificate and casting it to
 iaik.x509.X509Certificate, we are getting some
 exceptions.
    Is it possible to use
 java.security.cert.X509Certificate instead of
 iaik.x509.X509Certificate?

 2. We are having our own classes for Encryption and
 Decryption. How can we integrate it with our applet,
 so that we can frame the content into PKCS7 form
 with using iaik packages.

 3. If we are using iaik-jce2.51 in our applet, the
 size of the applet is very large(approx 600KB). So
 how can we reduce the size of the applet so that it
can be downloaded quickly.

 4. The same program is generating different
 signatures when used as a Standlone application and
as an Appletwith SignedDataStream class. What could be
the reason for it?

     we are expecting the response as soon as posible

thanks in advance

from