Re: [iaik-jce] Need an asymmetric algo to sign and encrypt

Hi Thomas.

Why do you think that is not possible to sign with RSA?

(Simplified) Signature is the encryption with the private key of the object (intended  the hash of data for large object).

Good luck.

Thomas.Kuhlmann2@Bertelsmann.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need the implementation of an asymmetric algorithm to sign and encrypt data (objects).
> (RSA can only encrypt, DSA can only sign, DH can only encrypt, ...)
>
> I want to do the following (simplified):
> A sender sends an object encrypted using the receiptents public key and signed using the its own private key. The receiptent should decrypt it using its own private key and verify the signature using the senders public key. Every instance (sender and receiptent) only have one(!) key-pair.
>
> It seems not to be possible with IAIK, isn't it?
> (Why is it not possible to sign with a RSA-key?)
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Best regards,
> Thomas Kuhlmann
>
> ----
> Bertelsmann mediaSystems
> An der Autobahn
> D-33311 Guetersloh
> Germany

Petruzzi Francesco - Openfor s.r.l.
--
via Faravelli, 8 - 20149 Milano (Italy)
phone:(+39)0234534545 - fax:(+39)0234534065