[iaik-jce] ClassCastException from Cipher.getInstance

Hello,

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out!

I am getting a ClassCastException from Cipher.getInstance("DES", "IAIK").
The exception's getMessage() method returns: "iaik.security.cipher.DES".

This only happens when I make this method call from two different servlets
running in the Netscape Enterprise Server 4 (also know as iplanet web
server)
servlet engine.  The first servlet to make the call will always succeed, but

the second servlet to make the method call always fails with
ClassCastException.

Does anyone have an idea how this could be possible?

Does anyone have any ideas on things to try?

very confused,
Garth