Re: [iaik-jce] Compiler error: duplicate addition

Duplicate addition error messages were typical for the version of the
obfuscation software we have used for our 2.5
JCE, and has not been reported since 2.51. What version do you use?

From: Alan Grenadir
To: IAIK
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2000 11:39 PM
Subject: [iaik-jce] Compiler error: duplicate addition

Hi,

A diligent reader of this newsgroup corrected me that to add the IAIK
provider within an applet, I should use the code
iaik.java.security.Security.addProvider(new
iaik.security.provider.IAIK());
that is in the Applet Edition of the IAIK JCE.

However, when I try to compile my applet, using a classpath that
contains the JRE and the iaik_jce_full_ae.jar, I get an error
sun.tools.java.CompilerError: duplicate addition.
please file a bug report to java.sun.com/cgi-bin ...

I notice from my saved messages from this newsgroup that this same issue
was raised on Aug 27 '99 by Rosely Kumoi in iaik-jce but I did not see
any response from IAIK staff.  What is the solution?

Thanks in advance
Alan Grenadir