From: Benne de Weger <deweger@concord-eracom.nl>
To: <iaik-jce@iaik.at>
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2000 2:54 PM
Subject: [iaik-jce] Public Key in KeyStore

When I want to store a Public Key in a KeyStore, other JCE providers (such
as SUN)
allow me to do this with KeyStore.setKeyEntry, either with or without a
proper
certificate chain. Trying this with IAIK JCE 2.51 always gives me a
"java.security.KeyStoreException: Unknown private key type." exception
message.

How do I store a Public Key in an IAIK KeyStore when I do not have (and do
not want to have) a certificate for this key?

Benne de Weger

=== Office: ==================================
       Concord-Eracom Nederland BV
       Crown Building South, Hullenbergweg 355
       1101 CP Amsterdam Zuid-Oost, The Netherlands
       e-mail: deweger@concord-eracom.nl
       web:    www.concord-eracom.com
       phone:  (020) 3116540 (+31 20 3116540)
       fax:    (020) 3116541 (+31 20 3116541)
When it comes to information security, we talk business:
PCVault - Workstation and Notebook Hard Disk Encryption
SECLAN - Corporate Network Disk Encryption
SMAILE - Secure Mail Extension for MS Exchange + Outlook 97/98
CSA 7000 - Encryption Adapter (now with JAVA  - JCA/JCE Provider)
ESM 2000 - Eracom Security Module (with VISA/Mastercard Support)
Several CA - E-Commerce Products are in the pre-production stage
Consulting Services