AW: [iaik-jce] Data encryption questions ?

> encryption. We will be using Entrust Java toolkit for
> encryption/decryption
> purposes. Entrust uses IAIK-JCE implementation.

I am sorry if this sounds a little cynical, but if you use an Entrust
product, please ask Entrust for support if you have any questions concerning
our implementation. We do not get anything from them for anwering their
customers questions.

Having said that, http://jcewww.iaik.at/jce/howfast.htm gives an overview
about speed and if you use a key-size of more than 90 bits you should be
safe.

Infos on the last 3 ciphers can also be found at
http://jcewww.iaik.at/jce/doc/javadoc/iaik/security/cipher/PbeWithMD5AndDES_
CBC.html and similar places. Note, that the new AES-candidates (listed in
the speed-table) are not yet part of our shipment.

In terms of "ease of use" there is no significant difference to be
encountered as all can be accessed using the same interface.

Just in case you would like to know, our products can be ordered at
http://jcewww.iaik.at/Sale/ordering.htm :-)

Peter
Dr. Peter Lipp
IAIK, TU Graz