[Fwd: [iaik-jce] PKCS#7 compatibility problem.]

Hi to all.

  I'm sorry if you receive this mail duplicate but I haven't found
any answers on this subject. We need to know this because we are
evaluating Java toolkits and in particular IAIK toolkit.

  Any help will be necessary.

Best regards,
Bruno Salgueiro       (mailto:bs@sibs.pt)

SIBS - Sociedade Interbancária de Serviços
Rua Soeiro Pereira Gomes, Lote 1, 1600 Lisboa, Portugal

Tel: + 351 1 791 88 33
Fax: + 351 1 793 50 80
http://www.sibs.pt

Esta mensagem foi assinada com certificado MULTIcert.
Para obter o certificado da Autoridade de Certificação
PILOTO MULTIcert dirija-se ao site
            http://www.sibs.multicert.com

"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
                                        --Pablo Picasso

Hi to all.

  I have done a program using SSLeay to verify PKCS#7 objects in PEM
format
and extract the contents of such objects. This works pretty well with
J/Crypto
toolkit from Baltimore but I can't make it work with IAIK toolkit and I
followed the SignedData example using the PemOutputStream. I am using
the JCE
Applet Edition, latest version (downloaded 3 day ago).

  Another thing that worries me a bit is a problem that ocurred in the
mailing
list (Ismael Blesa) with a PKCS#7 object that, from what I could
understand, has
to be dealt with a different approach. I have already understood that
with
PKCS#7 objects you can put the data inline or outside, with the PKCS#7
serving
in the last case as a signature "provider". Which differences between
different
formats can occur besides this one ?

Bruno Salgueiro       (mailto:bs@sibs.pt)

SIBS - Sociedade Interbancária de Serviços
Rua Soeiro Pereira Gomes, Lote 1, 1600 Lisboa, Portugal

Tel: + 351 1 791 88 33
Fax: + 351 1 793 50 80
http://www.sibs.pt

Esta mensagem foi assinada com certificado MULTIcert.
Para obter o certificado da Autoridade de Certificação
PILOTO MULTIcert dirija-se ao site
            http://www.sibs.multicert.com

"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
                                        --Pablo Picasso

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature