Re: [iaik-jce] JDK 1.2 keytool and IAIKKeyStore

Eureka!

I believe there is a bug (or -ahem- undocumented feature ;)
in the iaik_jce_full_ae.jar file.  It turns out that in *that*
jarfile, iaik.utils.ExtendedProvider extends iaik.java.security.Provider
not java.security.Provider, which is why my test was failing.
In the "normal" iaik_jce.jar file, the inheritance is correct, or
at least how it is documented in the javadoc documentation.

I discovered this through javap.  Using iaik_jce_full_ae.jar:
linux% javap iaik.utils.ExtendedProvider
Warning: JIT compiler "sunwjit" not found. Will use interpreter.
No sourcepublic abstract class iaik.utils.ExtendedProvider extends iaik.java.sec
urity.Provider {
    public java.util.Enumeration keys();
    public synchronized java.lang.String getProperty(java.lang.String, java.lang
.String);
    public synchronized java.lang.String getProperty(java.lang.String);
    public java.util.Enumeration elements();
    protected iaik.utils.ExtendedProvider(java.lang.String,double,java.lang.Stri
ng);
    static {};
}

And using iaik_jce.jar:
linux% javap iaik.utils.ExtendedProvider
Warning: JIT compiler "sunwjit" not found. Will use interpreter.
No sourcepublic abstract class iaik.utils.ExtendedProvider extends java.security
.Provider {
    public java.util.Enumeration keys();
    public synchronized java.lang.String getProperty(java.lang.String, java.lang
.String);
    public synchronized java.lang.String getProperty(java.lang.String);
    public java.util.Enumeration elements();
    protected iaik.utils.ExtendedProvider(java.lang.String,double,java.lang.Stri
ng);
    static {};
}

So maybe you had a test version of a Provider lying around by accident?
Or is this necessary and I completely read over some painfully
obvious documentation somewhere...

Anyhow, thanks for all your help.  I hope this discovery
is of some help to the IAIK team.

--
Fred Dushin                      mailto:fadushin@syr.edu