Re: [iaik-jce] JDK 1.2 keytool and IAIKKeyStore

> Did you edit the JavaSoft\JRE\1.2\lib\security\java.security file?
>
> And did you add the following line of code?
>
> security.provider.2=iaik.security.provider.IAIK

Yes, I did.  I had originally included the fact that I had in a previous
version of the message, but I didn't want the message to get too long.
Sorry about that.  Here is what I have:

>> linux% grep "^[ \t]*security.provider.[0-9]*" /opt/jdk1.2/jre/lib/security/java.security
>> security.provider.1=sun.security.provider.Sun
>> security.provider.2=iaik.security.provider.IAIK

I know this is being read, because I have made local copies
of java.security.Provider with my own debugging information
(and have used the -JXbootpath:... option to load that class
instead of Sun's -- what pain!).  The debugging information
I get indicates that the JVM *attempts* to load the the IAIK
provider, but fails when it tests to see if the iaik.security.provider.IAIK
instance it loads (via Class.forName()) is indeed an instance of
java.security.provider.

The offending line is in java/security/Provider.java; line 146.
I am reluctant to include it here as an attatchement, since I
am uncertain of the license I agreed to when I downloaded the JDK.
But it is the one that comes with the JDK 1.2 in src.jar.  The
line reads "if (obj instanceof Provider) {".

That's all we need, right?  I'm sure the NSA listens in on this
mailinglist, as it is...

BTW.  Is this mailinglist being archived?  I have not seen
reference to an archive site off your web page, at least not off
the page you can use to subscribe.

Good luck with the power outage.  Hope everything comes back up...

--
Fred Dushin                      mailto:fadushin@syr.edu