Re: [iaik-jce] ObjectID shortName problem

The static register method of the ObjectID class only can be used for
registering a name for a specific extension, but not a short name. It will
clear any registered shortname.

However, registration already is performed when using the corresponding
constructor. So, in your example, calling

   ObjectID oid = new ObjectID("0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.1","userID","uid");

already will register name and shortName for your ObjectID.
For that reason we tend to remove the register method.

The purpose of name (shortName) registration is, that the registered
shortName (name) will be displayed instead of the OID string when parsing an
ObjectID:

If a shortName is registrated it will be displayed.
If no shortName, but a name is registered, the name will be displayed.
If whether name nor shortName are registered, the OID string will be
displayed.

So, when, for instance, parsing a RDN (AVA) of type commonName, "CN" will be
shown instead of "2.5.4.3".