Re: [iaik-jce] doubts on BCI

I don´t know what kind of exceptions you got, but notice that you should use
the IAIK CertificateFactory only with JDK 1.2 since it needs the Iterator,
which is not implemented by jdk11x_update.

Anyhow, if you use the generateCRLs method, it is expected that the supplied
CRLs are given PKCS#7 formatted. In this way, you alternatively may use the
PKCS7CertList class of the iaik.pkcs package, (which also will work with
JDK1.1.x) e.g.:

PKCS7CertList pkcs7 = new PKCS7CertList(new FileInputStream(...));
X509CRL[] crls = pkcs7.getCRLList();
for (int i = 0; i < crls.length; i++) {
       System.out.println(crls[i].toString(true));
}

Dieter Bratko

>how can we read a brandCRL Identifier( collection of crl within a given
>credit card brand) .
>i have tried the following code but it is giving exceptions.
>InputStream inStream = new FileInputStream(s);
>CertificateFactory cf = CertificateFactory.getInstance("X.509");
>DataInputStream dis = new DataInputStream(inStream);
>byte[] bytes = new byte[dis.available()];
>dis.readFully(bytes);
>
>ByteArrayInputStream bais = new ByteArrayInputStream(bytes);
>
>Collection col = cf.generateCRLs(bais);
>

>Iterator i=col.iterator();
>
>for(;i.hasNext();)
>
>{
>
> X509CRL crl=(X509CRL)i.next();
>System.out.println(" the crl "+crl.toString());
>
>}
>
>thanx in advance
>jk

smime.p7s